Violin, Viola, Cello, Piano
Teaching Days: Tuesday & Wednesday
1979-1983: Bachelor in Music Education from UW Milwaukee, WI
2000-2003: Masters in Education from Carroll University in Waukesha, WI
- 1978-present: Private lessons on piano, violin and viola.
- 1990-1992: Waukesha Public Schools Randall, Prairie, Hillcrest and Heyer
- 1992-2019: Elmbrook Schools: Burleigh, Hillside, Swanson, Dixon, Tonawanda, and Brookfield Central HS
- 1978-1980 MFY. Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra under Mr. Rubinstein, and Mr. Seroogie 1st violin
- Concord Chamber Orchestra under Pasquale Laurino 1st Violin section as Concert Master. Later with Jamin Hoffman in 1st violin section.
- Waukesha Symphony 8 years on 2nd violin.
- Subbed for: Beloit Symphony 1st violin, and 2nd violin, Fox Valley Symphony, both Violin 1 and 2 and viola and Green Bay Symphony, 1st Violin.
- Music Under The Stars in Milwaukee under the direction of Mr. Anello
- Senior and Pasquale Laurino Violin 1, sometimes Violin 2
- The Kettle Moraine Symphony in West Bend under the direction of Bud Asch, Paul Thorgaard and Rick Hynson. Five years on 1st violin, 20 years as principle viola.
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church Festival Orchestra under Jana Peterson and 2010-present as principle 1st violin and assistant.
- String Quartets: Linden Quartet-viola, Kettle Moraine Quartet-viola, and The Wisconsin Intergenerational Orchestra-viola.
About: I enjoy teaching students through music lessons to challenge and encourage their talents to the best of their ability. I create a friendship and knowledge of students learning skills with a gentle heart. What I love to see is the outcome of their musicality and performance growth. My goal is to instill in my students to want to practice and want to succeed.
In 2019, I retired from teaching orchestra in the Elmbrook School District for 29 years. I have experience playing in several Symphonies, string quartets and as soloist for weddings and churches. Presently, I play violin for the Beloit Janesville Symphony and viola for the Lake Geneva Symphony. I am also an L’Bri consultant for a skin care company which is in Mukwanago Wisconsin.
I presently teach private lessons on piano, violin and viola since 1978 to many students of all ages. Several of them went into music performance and education as a career. I have several who have and are playing in MYSO. My students have also prepared and performed in the solo and ensemble district and state contests.
Get In Touch
Need more information about an instrument or lessons? Our staff is here to help. Contact us today!
The Music Cafe
105 Fox St
Mukwonago, WI 53149
*The Music Cafe is wheelchair accessible through the front door.