- Currently a student attaining a Bachelor of Music in jazz piano performance at UW-Madison
- 13 years of private lessons for piano
- 7 years of school band participation with 4 years jazz band.
- Private lessons/relationships with jazz pianists Mike Campbell and UW Madison Prof. Johannes Wallmann
- Studied rhythm/drums privately with Alan Arber
Band leader for independent gigging jazz project (Co.Mingle) for 5 years time
Plays standards, original charts, ‘jazzifies’ more popular music
Performs in Madison, but also in various places in southeastern Wisconsin
Performs in UW Madison jazz ensembles such as the Blue Note Ensemble, and the Afro-Cuban ensemble
Taught private lessons for students in Madison.
Mukwonago high school jazz band – piano and drums
Mukwonago high school concert band – percussion
Blue2 Indoor Percussion Ensemble – 1 year
Mark has dedicated more than half his life to music, both as a student and as a performer. He has an in-depth understanding of music theory, technique and performance. He appreciates the connection between approach and perspective to practice and growth, musically. He has a rich understanding of harmonic/rhythmic theory, and is able to distinguish complex musical patterns with fluency. Mark brings a youthful, fresh approach communicating with young students, from beginner to moderately advanced levels. He values the individuality of the musician and the importance of enjoying the learning process, so lessons will be specifically tailored to the interests and needs of each individual student.
Get In Touch
Need more information about an instrument or lessons? Our staff is here to help. Contact us today!
The Music Cafe
105 Fox St
Mukwonago, WI 53149